I love traveling. I have been traveling to a few places within Malaysia and overseas. It is great to be able to take a break and explore new places, cultures, historical, people, food… etc. Different people have different preferences and different experiences while traveling. My traveling preferences would be to experience new culture, shopping, dining and leisure. I will keep you update on places I have visited.
At this moment, my pick for traveling within Malaysia are:
1. Kota Kinabalu – the nationals parks, the islands and seafood
2. Kuala Lumpur – shopping, leisure and food
3. Penang – food
Penang food that I tried in my last visit were: Laksa Penang, Kerang bakar, Osyter Omelette and Penang Char Kuey Tiau.
Southeast Asia:
Bangkok, Thailand – This is my favorite. Good for shopping, dining and leisure.
What is good about shopping in Bangkok is the salesgirls will not tailing you so you can have much time to look, choose and pick at things that you want thoroughly. Shopping is a therapy for us ladies....hehehehe... You can easily find everything in Bangkok from clothes (branded and non-branded), accessories, beauty products, imitation handbags... etc.
Places not to be missed for your shopping spree when you are in Bangkok:
1. Chatuchak Market (weekend market)- a very famous market for the locals and tourists. A prefect place for barganing. You can find pretty much anything here. It is very hot in this market so you better wear proper attires with a bottle of water.
2. Pratunam Market (wholesale markets)- wholesale deals on garments, fashion clothing and accessories for both men and women, silk items, jewellery, Thai crafts, imitation watches, handbags, etc.
3. MBK (Mah Boon Krong) Shopping Center - a popular place for both locals and tourists. You can find everything here too from handbags, leather products, jewellery, silk items, beauty products etc.
I can tell you that you will go crazy when shopping in Bangkok.
Food – This is really tempting. Thai food is known for being hot and spicy. I love Thai foods and to name a few such as papaya salad, mango salad, Pad Thai (noodle), green/red/yellow curries, tom yam etc. Not to mention on the deserts, there are so delicious.
Street food is alive and flourishing in Thailand. On the street there is food of all varieties at all time of the day and night, fresh fruits (mangos, Thai oranges, longan, strawberries, durian, rambutan etc), mouth-watering trays of prepared foods such as curries, basil pork, grills pork, grills fish, grills prawn, sausages, etc. Another unique street food is grilled eggs (yup, telur ayam yang dipanggang di atas arang), I should try this in my next visit. Do you dare to eat the fried scorpian and fried cockroaches? For me, it is a BIG NO NO!!! :)
Wednesday, April 2, 2008
Travelling - my passion
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment