CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Hanoi, Part II: Halong Bay

Halong Bay is one of the world's natural wonders and is the most beautiful tourist destination in Hanoi. In Halong Bay you can see more than one thousand limestone formation and islands of various sizes and shapes. I went to visit Halong Bay on 11-12 April 2008. It is located at the Northeast of Hanoi and about 3.5 hours by road from Hanoi City. The best way to tour and see Halong Bay scenery is by boarding a junk boat and cruise around the bay's islands. I took a tour and cruised around Halong Bay for 2 days 1 night.

It was good to get out from the bustling and noisy Hanoi City for 2 days. It was very very peaceful while cruising around Halong Bay. Too bad the weather was cloudy so I did not manage to watch a beautiful sunset at Halong Bay. It was a magnificant experience and very worthy. If you are planning to visit Hanoi, I would recommend you to visit Halong Bay.





The junk boats:



The beautiful scenery of Halong Bay:




















-Next, I'll write and upload some photos of Ho Kiem Lake, Hanoi.

0 comments: